Thursday, June 23, 2016

Past Progressive Exercise

Put the verbs into the correct form (past progressive)
EXAMPLE: When I phoned my friends, they (play)  monopoly.
  1. Yesterday at six I (prepare)  dinner.
  2. The kids (play)  in the garden when it suddenly began to rain.
  3. (practise)  the guitar when he came home.
  4. We (not / cycle)  all day.
  5. While Aaron (work)  in his room, his friends (swim)  in the pool.
  6. I tried to tell them the truth but they (listen / not) .
  7. What (you / do)  yesterday?
  8. Most of the time we (sit)  in the park.
ANSWERS

Put the verbs into the correct form (past progressive).
  1. Yesterday at six I was preparing(i) dinner.
  2. The kids were playing(i) in the garden when it suddenly began to rain.
  3. was practising(i) the guitar when he came home.
  4. We were not cycling all day.
  5. While Aaron was working in his room, his friends were swimming(i) in the pool.
  6. I tried to tell them the truth but they were not listening(i) .
  7. What were you doing(i) yesterday?
  8. Most of the time we were sitting(i) in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment